- Competitors must meet the age criteria of the appropriate division at the time of the competition.
- Competitors under the age of 18 must have written consent from a parent to participate.
- Competitors waive all rights to any filming/photography. All photography and footage will remain property of the Florida Aerial Arts Championship (FAAC). Competitors agree that the FAAC can use photos and footage for advertising, promotional and commercial uses indefinitely.
- Competitors must sign photo/video release forms and waiver of liability before the competition.
- Competitors must conduct themselves in a professional and proper manner at all times before, during, and after the competition.
- Competitors may not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol on the day of competition.
- Competitors may not be pregnant on the day of competition.
- Competitors must show up on time. If late, you may not be allowed to compete.
- Competitors will find transportation to and from the venue.
- Competitors will have access to the performance stage prior to the competition to test the apparatus.
- The FAAC reserves the right to prevent a competitor from competing if it appears the competitor is not fit to do so safely.
- Competitors may not communicate with the judging panel at any time during the event.
- Competitors must comply with the FAAC rules and regulations at all times. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- Winners must be willing to represent the FAAC and all affiliated parties/sponsors in a positive light before, during and after the competition. Failure to do so may result in stripping of any titles awarded and/or banned from future FAAC events.
- The candidate speaks English reasonably well or has someone to translate with them.
- We reserve the right to adjust your category up or down based on our knowledge of your skill set.
- Applications may only be submitted by the participant (or legal guardian if under age 18).
- All applicants must submit all fees and forms with entries. No entry will be considered without submission of all forms or application fee – (Application Form, Video Submission, and Application Fee).
- Because of the obvious conflict of interest and in order to make all judging fair, all potential applicants and final competitors are prohibited from privately training with or consulting with the current judging panel prior to the FAAC. Any potential or final competitor found to be training privately or consulting with said judges before the event will be automatically disqualified from the competition.
- The judges’ scoring and decisions are final.
The closing date for competition video submissions and application fees is April 15th, 2020 at 11:59pm EST.
The Novice Division A is open to youth ages 6 – 9.
The Novice Division B is open to youth ages 10-14.
The Junior Division is open to youth ages 15-17.
The Amateur, Semi-Pro, and Professional Divisions are open to athletes ages 18+.
**Junior and Novice Divisions will include both Semi-Pro and Professional level competitors (should we receive enough applicants to host the division)
Amateur Division: This division is for participants who have been training for at least six months on their apparatus, and are confident in their ability, but do not feel ready for the Semi-Pro Division. You cannot be an instructor or paid for aerial performances. Inversions and tricks are permitted, however all aerial inverts and transitions must have three points of contact at all times.
Semi-Pro Division: This division is for participants who have been training for over one year and are confident in their ability, but do not yet feel ready to enter the Professional Division. Routines will be judged on the same categories as the Professional Division: performance, technique and quality of moves, and artistry. Inversions and tricks are permitted, however all aerial inverts and transitions must have three points of contact at all times.
Professional Division: This level is for anyone who teaches, performs or trains at a higher level, shows proficiency on and off the apparatus, or has won a Semi-Pro level competition. Balance of strength and flexibility. Professional level of showmanship.
- Within each division we will name 3 winners: Overall Champion, 2nd place, and 3rd place.
- Within the Semi-Pro division, “Pro” status will be awarded to 1st place only.
- First place with the most points overall within each division will receive the title of “Florida Aerial Arts (Novice/Junior/Amateur/Semi-Pro/Professional Division) Champion”.
- All competitors will receive a swag bag full of goodies from our generous sponsors!
- Shall not at any time thereafter commercially exploit their title in any way whatsoever.
- Shall conduct themselves with decorum during their reign and shall NOT commit any immoral, illegal or any act or behavior which, in the sole opinion of the Organizer could bring disrepute, ridicule or contempt to the Florida Aerial Arts Championship image and/or reputation.
- Will receive their prizes immediately after being announced.
- The title, “Florida Aerial Arts Novice/Junior/Amateur/Semi-Pro/Professional Champion” is an official title valid for one year.
- The Organization reserves the right to retract the title if the winner or subsequent placement holders causes any damages to the image or reputation of the FAAC Organization.
- The Florida Aerial Arts Champion of each Division may not compete the following year to defend their title in the same division.
PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEOGRAPHY:
- All photography and other footage remain the property of the Event indefinitely. The candidates have no right to compensation for photography and other footage made before, during and after the Florida Aerial Arts Championship event.
- The candidate explicitly and irrevocably agrees that all footage and photography can be used by the Event for promotional, advertising and commercial purposes indefinitely.
- The Florida Aerial Arts Championship is not liable for injury or damage resulting from participation in the Florida Aerial Arts Championship.
- The Organization reserves the right to change the rules contained herein.
- All decisions not addressed in these regulations will be made by the Organization.
- A decision made by the Florida Aerial Arts Championship Organization is binding.
- The FAAC is not liable for any loss, injury or damage incurred by a competitor or performer during any stage of the competition/showcase.
- All competitors, performers and judges must not be impaired by the influence of ANY substance including alcohol while participating at the FAAC.
- The FAAC will provide medical assistance in the event of an injury.
- The FAAC reserves the right to enforce all rules and regulations.
- Any failure to comply with the rules and regulations may result in disqualification from this event as well as future events ran by the FAAC.
NO PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS ALLOWED UNLESS A MEDIA PASS IS OBTAINED. Email info@FloridaPoleFitnessChampionship.com for more details.
- All applicants will be charged a non-refundable application processing fee.
- There will be no other fees for attending the competition, or showcase finale.
- Family, coaches, and guests of finalists must pay full price for their tickets to the event.
- Early bird applications are $75.00 until March 31st.
- Applications from April 1 – 15th are $100.00.
PRESS & PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
- All competitors will be required to sign a photo and video release as well as provide a photograph and bio which will be posted on Florida Aerial Arts Championship websites and ads prior to the event.
- Finalists must be available for possible interviews with press and should not exclude the possibility of being filmed for various media outlets. (not excluding radio, television, film)
- Videos and photographs from the event will be used for future promotional features for Florida Aerial Arts Championship including but not limited to press releases, website features, television/film, flyers, etc.
- Winners from each division may be asked to participate in future events as featured performers representing The Florida Aerial Arts Championship, for judging, workshops, etc.